This weekend I went to the beach with my family. To participate in "family time", I had to join in and wear a swimsuit. As I looked down the beach in every direction, I saw so many young people looking fit, with perky booties and tight, toned bodies. Then as I looked down at my thighs all I saw was bumpy skin, and I thought to my self, ew! It does look like cottage cheese."
With all the hard work I put in the gym, I shouldn't be experiencing this. Then I think about what I'm doing outside the gym. "EATING!" Do I eat clean? How often? When I don't, do I binge? These are important questions if you want faster results in the gym.
Here is a great way to lock in your eating and get control. Stop what may be sabotagingall your hard work in the gym! Now, I'm not saying you can't live and enjoy food, but learn to be creative and eat with moderation, portion control, thinking homemade, real ingredients with nutritional substance as a mandatory. Not just calorie counting please!
Think when eating.....
Low fats/Good fats
- omegas, olive oil, nuts, coconut oil, avocado.......learn your good fats and eat them daily, just don't go crazy.
Fast burning Carb (post-carb training)
- vegetables, low glycemic fruit
Dense Carbs-slow burning-startchy (pre-meal intense training)
- sweet potatoes, brown rice/white rice, quinoa, high fiber whole grains, lentils
Protein- approx 1g per lb of body weight
- lean meats/low fat with high protein like fish, turkey, chicken,
- lean, iron rich meats sparingly like lamb, venison, beef (filet migon)
- approx under 220mg daily recommended for those without hypertension (high blood pressure)